As part of a challenge from Kim Klassen's Beyond Layers II online class, I'm listing 10 Truths about me.
1. I have loved photography since I was in high school. The love affair continued into my community college days at Yavapai College in Prescott, AZ. When I moved to Flagstaff and didn't have a darkroom, I needed to switch to digital image editing with Adobe Photoshop.
2. I have 3 beautiful grown sons and 1 beautiful grandchild - Emma Madison Morgan. She's 2 years old and can often be found in my blog posts.
3. I retired from full-time employment as an academic advisor 3 years ago but continued to work p/t until this past March. Loved working with students.
4. I got my first digital camera in 2000 or 2001 and still have the Nikon. Don't use it now that I have a Canon DSLR which is marvelous.
5. The favorite subject of my photos is general flowers. Sometimes I visit the local grocery store and shoot images. Sometimes I purchase flowers to bring home and photograph.
6. Love using the camera on my Blackberry. Until I get a new and more powerful Droid smartphone.
7. I thoroughly enjoy living in Northern Arizona, USA, in a college town of 50,000 full-time residents even when the students aren't in residence. When the university and community college students are in classes, we swell to about 65,000.
8. I really, really wish we had outdoor flea markets with vintage goods for sale. Alas, not in Arizona.
9. I was raised by a single mother as an only child. Mom just turned 90 on Saturday, May 26, 2012.